Monday, April 13, 2009

Hmm, it looks like Summer.

It has been a glorious weekend here which is great for the Easter holidays, and good for us too. We got lots done in the garden and plenty of odd jobs finished off inside the house too.

I have a List of things that I need to do - partly so that Grey can refer to it and do some of them, but mostly so I don't keep forgetting things. It's also nice to cross things off a list, it makes everything seem more manageable. My List has been a bit of a nightmare the last few weeks - it has spent a great deal of time growing and not much time shrinking. Adding to a list is less good for the soul than crossing stuff off one. However, the list was down to a scant few items after a weekend with Grey and my Dad working on it. It was lovely. I even let them cross out some of the things they had done, as a reward.

Sadly this morning I'm a bit tired and my hormones are catching up with me again, so the list grew substantially. I'll feel bad for Grey when he comes home and sees it.

I'm getting very big and a bit uncomfortable now. The heat in the sun makes me feel a little like a beached whale - which leads me to be very glad the Baby is due in a few weeks and I'm not going to be like this all summer.

Monday is housework day, I'll let breakfast go down and then start to tidy up, dust, sweep, mop and hover my way to the end of the day. Then I'll worry about the List again.

No comments: